Did you ever sort of suspect that the Hillary Clinton campaign would never give up — that never-say-die
supporters would still be found 40 years from now holed up in a bunker somewhere, like those Japanese soldiers who still wandered out of the jungle on islands in the Pacific for decades after WWII? (Sgt. Shoichi Yokoi, right, was found in 1972 in a Guam jungle,
where he had been living on shrimp, fish and nuts — with the emphasis
on "nuts" — since 1943.)
Yeah, so did I.
Well, we were right. I got a release today from a group called JustSayNoDeal.com, to this effect:
June 18, 2008
Just Say No Deal Asks Obama Supporters To: “Show Some Class”
Tasteless Behavior Like the Booing of Public Officials Has NO Place in Our Election Process
– Online and Nationwide— JustSayNoDeal.com, a coalition of voters, individual activists, blogs, PACs and grassroots organizations, reacts to the scene on Monday night in Detroit’s Joe Louis Arena when Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm received a deafening chorus of boos at her mention of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton. Moments later former Vice President Al Gore experienced similar jeering when he referred to Senator John McCain.
Just Say No Deal Coalition members will not tolerate such offensive and disrespectful conduct from supporters of Senator Obama aimed at any individual— whether they be an elected official or a member of the community at large, and the Just Say No Deal organization will not align itself with any candidate that permits this shameful behavior to be exhibited in any forum.
During this lengthy primary process Senator Clinton and many of her 18 million supporters have endured pointedly hurtful behavior and vulgar attacks by unruly and inappropriate backers of Senator Obama in public arenas and in new media outlets. The most prevalent arena of these assaults has been on the most recognized sites within the blogosphere.
Concerned citizens continue to break their silence to express their dissatisfaction with party leaders and the short-circuiting of the nominating process. The Just Say No Deal portal offers those voters a plethora of voting strategies, calls-to-action and blogpostings to guide their general election decision-making. In doing so, they reclaim their voices and vow to Just Say No Deal!
You can, if you wish, take this group at its word that it’s just about being fair and polite toward "any individual— whether they be an elected official or a member of the community at large," and believe it’s not about Hillary. But you can’t do that with some of the sites to which JustSayNoDeal.com provides links, such as:
- hillaryclintonnews.blogspot.com — "Want To See Hillary Run As An Independent? Sign the Petition for Hillary to run as an Independent."
- clintons4mccain.com — "Malik Obama confirms half-brother BHO raised Muslim."
- hireheels.com — "we adore shoes, but we love Hillary"
- clintondems.com — "a place where Democrats that feel the DNC and media have acted in bad faith towards the American people can gather to organize, share insights and have their voices be heard"
- womenforfairpolitics.com — "a grassroots organization that is reacting to the terrible
treatment that Hillary Clinton has received during her historic run for
the Democratic nomination for President of the United States"
- writehillaryin.com — "a
website created by Americans, for Americans who refuse to vote for
Barack Obama in the General Election. We’ve had inadequate candidates
shoved down our throats before, and we’ve often fallen in line. NOT
THIS TIME. Our feelings may be hurt, but that’s not the point. Our
principles have been offended. Feelings pass. Principles do not."
- hillaryorbust.blogspot.com — "The left has totally become pornogrified and anti-woman. Do I really care that guys on the left want to save the spotted owl, when on the other side of their mouth they are telling me that I, as a woman, only have value to them when I’m wearing a negligee?"
- typicalpawhitewoman.blogspot.com — "This is the diary of a typical white woman in PA. I didn’t know there was such a thing as a typical white woman or a typical woman, but apparently there is and I am it."
This rich vein just goes on and on — dozens of such sites. Some of y’all who have more time on your hands than I do should browse through them and share some of the nuggets with the rest of us.
Nobody could make this up. And the thing is, you get the sense the authors of these sites are not really trying to be funny, although many succeed at being Hillaryous.
But don’t tell them I said that. Some of these folks seem the type who don’t appreciate a little good-natured ribbing.