OK, at least one more for the week. I may not have time to do one tomorrow; I have some important ADCO deadlines coming up:
- Florida Pastor Cancels Plans to Burn Quran (WSJ) — “Mr. Jones said he decided to cancel his protest because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move its controversial location…” Huh?
- Economist’s views on Muslims spark controversy in Germany (WashPost) — Just so you know we’re not alone with this kind of bad craziness here. A member of the Central Bank is worried that the master race is being dragged down by Muslims.
- US losing war in Afghanistan: Taliban leader (AFP) — The enemy unveils a new tactic: Trash-talking. They don’t realize they’re playing to our strength. Still, we might have to dig deep into our strategic arsenal and bring Muhammad Ali out of retirement to counter this.
- Appeals Court Ends Ban on Stem Cell Financing, for Now (NYT) — That pretty much says it: “For now.”
- Haley’s Family’s Business Also Penalized for Late Taxes (AP) — And the trend of revelations continue, revealing Nikki Haley’s putative strengths to be liabilities.
- ‘You lie!’ windfall for Wilson, Miller (thestate.com) — Yup, it was a year ago today that two things happened: A right-wing star was born, and it was guaranteed that no strong candidate would emerge to oppose him, as huge amounts of cash flowed to Rob Miller — and then to Joe himself.