Let’s see how fast I can do this (I know; I’ll leave out the facetious remarks!):
- Portugal seeks bail-out from EU (BBC) — Another domino.
- Ivory Coast: Gbagbo repels attack (BBC) — Today’s war news.
- Shutdown would furlough 800K, officials say (WashPost) — A HUGE concern for that paper’s readership.
- How A Government Shutdown Would Play Out (NPR) — In case you wondered, and don’t remember the mid-90s. SPOILER ALERT: It ends with the re-election of a Democratic president.
- Haley leaves Amazon break up to lawmakers (bradwarthen.com) — You saw that already.
- Netflix to Stream ‘Mad Men’ (WSJ) — Hey, it was big news to ME.