Let’s see what we have today…
- Global Stocks Soar as Central Banks Act (WSJ) — This is basically two big stories — the central banks around the world (the Federal Reserve, the Bank of Canada, the Bank of England, the Bank of Japan, the European Central Bank and the Swiss National Bank) getting together to act, and the markets’ reaction to it.
- Britain shuts embassy in Tehran (The Guardian) — Not only that, but the Beeb reports, UK to expel all Iranian diplomats…
- A Defiant Cain Pledges to Stay in the Race (NYT) — He reassessed, and this is what he came up with.
- ‘Hopeful’ Clinton in Burma visit (BBC) — From our good news department, dawn appears to be breaking in a dark corner of the world.
- Billy Graham Hospitalized in Asheville (Charlotte Observer) — The evangelist possibly has pneumonia.
- Rita Jenrette: No sex on Capitol steps (WashPost) — First they say there’s no Santa Claus, now this. But here’s the rich part: Rita is now remarried to an Italian aristo, and is called the Principessa Rita Boncompagni Ludovisi. No, really.