A little early in the day, here is the news at this hour:
- Hamas and Israel Agree to Cease-Fire in Gaza Conflict (NYT) — Good job by Hillary Clinton. Let’s see how long this holds now.
- SC justices: Organized poker illegal, even in private homes (AP) — So the key, apparently, is to keep the game as disorganized as possible.
- Mumbai attacks gunman executed (BBC) — Bringing that horrific story to an end…
- Haley admits state failed to protect its residents (The State) — This is getting old at this hour, but it’s so remarkable, considering that we’re talking about Nikki Haley, that I’m including it.
- Clyburn sees racism in attacks on Rice (WashPost) — What with the SC angle, I might do a separate post on this.
- UN urges action on climate change (The Guardian) — Like anyone’s going to listen in this country, right? But we should…