A quick look at the headlines:
- U.S. Says It Suspects Assad Used Chemical Weapons (NYT) — U.S. joins Israel in saying this.
- Boston suspects ‘targeted New York’ (BBC) — It’s interesting that the BBC is leading with this (so is The Guardian), while you can hardly find it on the NYT main page.
- S.C. House passes bill to protect children against parental abuse (thestate.com) — Every once in awhile, the Legislature does something that makes sense.
- Obama calls Bush ‘a good man’ (WashPost) — He sort of had to, since the occasion was the opening of the Bush library, but I thought it worth noting all the same.
- ‘Pimp Stick Quezzy,’ Columbia rapper, pleads guilty to prostitution (thestate.com) — Well, that’s a shock. Some might think he was already sort of pleading guilty when he came up with the monicker.
- West Columbia bank robbery suspect arrested waiting on taxi (thestate.com) — See, this is why we need better public transit. How’s a guy supposed to make a getaway if he has to wait for a cab?