First one of these in a while. Figured I’d acknowledge the end of the legislative session:
- SC Senate approves $115 million tax breaks to bring Carolina Panthers across border — Yeah, they actually did it. In Rock Hill did the Senate a stately pleasure-dome decree… Here’s how they voted in the Senate. Harpo opposed it to the last. Don’t tell me I never give you any sports news.
- Session ends without Senate action on education reform — But this is sort of dog-bites-man; we’ve known for some time. It’s only news at all because some folks may actually have thought that the May Day rally would change that.
- USC paid firm $137,000 to find its next president — then rejected all finalists — This is kinda old news now, but I include it because we haven’t had a discussion about it yet here: How about that fiasco?
- Trump picks former Boeing executive Patrick Shanahan for defense secretary — Well, ya know, he’s been acting since Mattis left, and nothing has blown up, so why not?
- How angry pilots got the Navy to stop dismissing UFO sightings — Of course, they’re aviators, not pilots, but set that aside. This is actually a couple of weeks old, but I wanted to bring it up. Aviators have been seeing white, Tic Tac-shaped vehicles that move like a bat out of you-know-where without any obvious means of propulsion. But while the Service has instituted new reporting procedures, there are no plans to release the reports to the public.
- Bezos company aims to take people to moon by 2024 — A nice companion piece for the UFO thing. That’s one small step for a billionaire…
There was something else I was going to put on this virtual page, but I’m forgetting what it was….
Oh, by the way, here’s Avery Wilks’ handwritten how-the-voted list on the football thing:
Here was the 27-15 Senate vote in favor of the @Panthers tax breaks. Most of the “No” votes came from Republicans. Senate Majority Leader @shanemassey and Senate Minority Leader @NikkiSetzler both voted no pic.twitter.com/UZZkcFLPxb
— Avery Wilks (@AveryGWilks) May 9, 2019