Maybe now that Obama has pulled Joe Biden back into the spotlight, some of you may want to look at some of the video clips of our editorial board interview with him back in October, when he was still trying against all odds to be at the top of the ticket.
If so, here they are:
- We’ll start with the one I have imbedded above, from which the headline of my column about the interview was drawn, "Joe Biden on having the juice to get things done."
- Then, we have him sharing his thoughts on Iraq. Joe was the one Democrat with an actual plan for what to do in Iraq.
- Here he is answering the question I’d promised Samuel Tenenbaum I’d ask, about lowering speed limits to 55 mph to help us toward energy independence. (His answer was disappointing.)
- He was still determined that he would win the S.C. primary.
- In fact, at the time he was still asserting that he could win it all.
Over the next few days, I’ll try to find time to mine the rest of my video to see if there was anything that didn’t seem interesting then that is more interesting now that he’s the running mate.
Oh, and I also have some older video of Joe. Here he is at the Galivants Ferry Stump Meeting (being introduced by Fritz Hollings), and here is some poor-quality phone video of him really getting worked up talking to the Columbia Rotary about immigration.
Oh, and in case you want to see video of the other guy on the Democratic ticket, here’s a post I did with a bunch of clips from our January interview with Obama.