Here are links to some of the things being written today as a result of one SC blogger essentially saying of a female candidate, “Yeah, I tapped that.” (What, you know of a classier way to put it? Please share, because I’m at a loss as we all go swirling down the flushing toilet together in this sordid mess.):
- The Associated Press: SC governor hopeful denies blogger claim of affair
- David Kurtz at Talking Points Memo: I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Man!
- Politico: Palin Defends Haley
- Free Times: Source: Folks Admitted to Haley Affair a Year Ago
- Jezebel: Palin BFF Shows Women Can Have Sex Scandals Too
- Wonkette: RUMOR: Political Blogger Had Sex With Lady?
Yes, the Wonkette. And ironically, the much-maligned (by me) Wonkette actually tries to responsibly answer the question, “Who should we trust?” (which of course should be “whom,” but why quibble?) and turns to my staid old newspaper to get the scoop on said blogger. Which is just weird. This disgusting mess is weird on so many levels…
By the way, Howard Kurtz shows he really doesn’t know South Carolina when he writes:
A year ago South Carolina wouldn’t have even been in the top half of my list of states with the craziest politics. But in the interim a lot has happened, and South Carolina is now in my top 10 and after this morning’s developments it’s making a strong bid for top 5.
I feel like he’s dissing us suggesting there might be four other states vying as hard as we are to be an insane asylum.
We are in a class by ourselves.