There are days in which I Twitter FAR more than I post on the blog. And y’all miss it, which is not good, because a lot of the stuff I send can be interesting. Not necessarily my own meager observations, but the reTweets of other people’s interesting stuff can be good discussion fodder.
I have that Twitter feed you see at right, but I’m dissatisfied with it because the Tweets there tend to be 12 hours or more old. (If anyone can steer me to a better, more immediate, Twitter feeder, I’d appreciate it.)
So it occurs to me that, until I can get that fixed, I should start sharing my Tweets in posts on a semi-regular basis. So here goes.
This morning, I didn’t have many comments of my own, but went sort of wild on the reTweets:
- As he should… RT @postpolitics: Mike Huckabee leads 2012 GOP pack in Iowa http://wapo.st/atjKA0 #tcot #2012 #gop #p2about 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
- RT @FrumForum: What Went Wrong with the Islamic World?: Tamim Ansary’s Destiny Disrupted seeks an answer…http://bit.ly/agc0WF #tcotabout 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
- RT @wis10: New SC Farmers market opens outside Columbiahttp://bit.ly/dklOKWabout 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
- Oh, I feel SO much better about it now… RT @tweetdrudge: Hamas nod for Ground Zero mosque… http://bit.ly/bTAtZ1 #tcotabout 2 hours ago via UberTwitter
- RT @ChrisBatDell: Reading.. “BBC News – How the internet is changing language” http://bbc.in/aLm8jm #yamabout 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
- RT @johnroconnor: Esquire’s “Encyclopedia of Now” article this month includes a Nikki Haley entry. Calls her the next governor of SC…about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
- RT @Reuters: Al Qaeda cell leader killed in Afghan north: NATOhttp://bit.ly/9O97wCabout 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
- OHHH, yeahhhh… RT @BurlB: If only Joan Holloway would do the in-flight safety video, I’d pay attention.about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
- RT @ebertchicago: Notice how the news is playing more and more like those scary montages at the beginning of a disaster film?about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
- Good for the general… RT @FrumForum: Petraeus Pushes Back on Obama’s Afghan Deadline: http://bit.ly/9REgMG #tcotabout 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
- Next: How to make a buggy whip… RT @romenesko: How to make a pressman’s hat. (An 11-step process.) http://journ.us/bsvwJPabout 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
- I’m beginning to fear that he did… RT @shellsuber: Elvis died 33 years ago today… or did he?about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
- RT @TheOnion: American Voices: ‘Cathy’ Coming To An Endhttp://onion.com/9TMMnf26 minutes ago via UberTwitter
By the way, to help you follow… If you see words BEFORE the “RT,” that’s my addition to the Tweet.
As for the motivation behind those reTweets, sometimes they are because I like something. Other times it’s because I’m appalled by something. Yet other times it’s so that the topic will be in my timeline to remind me to look at it, or write about it, later. But in all cases, they are examples of something that grabbed my attention, and may interest you as well.