- Stocks Sink as Economic Gloom Mounts (WSJ) — Really? OK, well you can just stick this in the same place as that “definition of insanity” thing. I’ve had it with that stuff. Snap out of it, everybody.
- Mullen Asserts Pakistani Role in Attack on U.S. Embassy (NYT) — The notorious Pakistani intelligence agency is implicated. Which seems unwise. You know, guys, SEAL Team 6 knows how to get to your house…
- NASA satellite ‘to crash on Friday’ (BBC) — Yeah, but not anywhere in this country, I assume. NASA knows where its funding comes from.
- Two more plead guilty, apologize for 5 pts. attack (thestate.com) — They’ll be on house arrest.
- Light’s speed limit broken (WashPost) — Scientists are freaking out about it. Something about particles being clocked going faster than the speed of light. No word on whether the particles were blue, with little red capes…
- US walks out of Ahmadinejad speech (The Guardian) — Maybe it was his reference to the “mysterious September 11 incident.” Or maybe the part where he implicated NATO in drug trafficking…
I just clicked on that Mullen story, and thought, “Whoa! When did Tony Bennett get to be secretary of defense?
Did they use speed cameras on the light or just a radar gun?
Hmm. Speeding neutrinos. And no police stopping them? Seriously E=MC2 has been around a long time, but Newtonian physics was around a long time before that. And the notion that the earth was flat, and the great chain of being were around before that. What we know changes.
I first saw Tony Bennett’s coronation here — as a sidebar deal.
I know you like to steer clear of the Muslim controversy…you miss a lot in that camp.
SC Legislature retirement program makes front page of USA Today.
Great link. If that doesn’t explain exactly what the problem is in South Carolina, I don’t know what would.
But it’s Nikki Haley’s fault. Not Bobby Harrell or Leatherman.
Term limits combined with no pensions for legislators would be a great start to solve many of the problems in this state.
Didn’t we already mostly de-fund NASA? Maybe this is a way for them to remind us that if they don’t get the shuttle program funding back things like this could happen. Maybe the Corleone family is in charge over there:
NASA Administrator: “Hey, nice house you have there. It would be a shame if some space junk fell from the sky and destroyed it.” You should pay us for some “protection” from that.
Oh, you know what almost, but didn’t quite, made the front?
The end of R.E.M.
You can read about it, or you can listen.