Just got around to seeing this…
On Sunday in The State, The Buzz (a descendant of a tidbits column I started in the ’80s called “Earsay”), lamented the cruel demise of @PhilBaileySC, and remembered some of his best Tweets:
• “Happy Confederate Memorial Day South Carolina. The rest of the country calls this day ‘Thursday’ ”
• “At what point do I freak out about Sharia Law coming to SC? Right after Bigfoot is proven real?”
• “Haley to send it to Georgia tomorrow. RT @WLTX: 30-foot-tall State Christmas Tree arrives in Columbia”
• “Happy Valentines Day, Ladies. The @scsenategop will be attempting to regulate your womb tomorrow.”
• “Besides the latest Winthrop Poll numbers having @NikkiHaley at 37%, Angies List gives the SC Guv a D-.”
• “ Mitt Romney and Nikki Haley settled on the endorsement in an email. Unfortunately, Haley pressed delete on the email out of habit.”
Not sure those are the exact ones I would have chosen (the fourth certainly doesn’t reflect my views), but they give you the idea. My fave of these is the first one. Very Phil.
@PhilBaileySC will be missed with his biting humor and wit.
Maybe wherever he goes he’ll find a sense of humor.
I like the first one best as well, but the last one is rich too. 🙂