Here’s a quick overview:
- After Cruz yields, Senate advances spending bill (WashPost) — And what did he accomplish? He ensured that the House will have almost no time to deal with the matter, after the Senate sends it back with Obamacare intact. That Cruz; he’s some brilliant strategist. But then, when it’s all about attracting attention to yourself, well, mission accomplished.
- Treasury Puts a Date for When Cash May Run Out: Oct. 17 (NYT) — With only $30 billion on hand, we’ll be teetering on the edge of default.
- Iran’s Rouhani recognises Holocaust (The Guardian) — I guess we should all celebrate the fact that Iran is now caught up with the rest of us as far as 1945…
- South Carolina worst in country in latest domestic violence ranking (The State) — This is our third time to be the worst in the country in numbers of women killed by men.
- J.P. Morgan Discussing Settlement of $11 Billion (WSJ) — All that money, and I can’t even remember what it is they’re supposed to have done. Does this have to do with the “whale?” I forget.
- CCTV shows Navy Yard gunman’s attack (BBC) — There’s no actual violence shown, just this guy stalking the halls…