Some stuff for y’all to chew on while I’m doing a bunch of other stuff today:
- $1 Million Bail for Officer Held in Killing of Black Driver — And the terrible trend continues.
- Columbia’s summer one of hottest in decades — You may have noticed that already.
- Slain senator’s widow sets up foundation to honor his causes — The Honorable Reverend Clementa C. Pinckney Foundation would support “religious, educational and charitable causes” that the senator supported. Presumably, that would include expanding Medicaid…
- As world mourned Cecil the lion, 5 elephants were slain — Just in case animal lovers want something else to obsess over.
- Anyone see James Taylor last night? — I’m just curious. How was he? I haven’t seen him since a concert in Memphis in the early ’80s.
- MH370: aircraft debris in Réunion almost certainly from a Boeing 777 — Could it be that they’ve finally found it?