Another busy day with a scarcity of posts, but here are some things that caught my eye:
- Feds name Dylann Roof friend as target — After reading that piece in the Post, I have to wonder what the charge could be. There must be something that we don’t know — which would not be surprising, I suppose.
- Hungarian Riot Police Clash With Migrants at Border Gate — Hungary seems determined to make every other country in Europe seem warm, generous and welcoming by contrast.
- Obamacare Enrollment Triggers Drop In The Uninsured Rate — Which is what it was supposed to do, but it’s nice to know it’s working.
- Budweiser Owner Woos Miller in Push to Create Beer Giant — Honestly, I don’t care if Bud buys Miller. I just liked the mental image of “Beer Giant.” Reminds me of the scene in “Strange Brew” when Bob McKenzie is trapped in the beer vat and has to drink it all to keep from drowning. Oh, you think that’s stupid? Take off, eh? You hoser…
- The GOP debate tonight — I’ll probably be commenting in real time on Twitter, assuming there are no technical difficulties and real life doesn’t distract me too much. I’m not going to watch the JV one.