Another slow day…
- Middle-class incomes grew faster in 2015 than any year in modern history, new data show — Not mine, of course, but this isn’t about me. If her campaign weren’t such a mess at the moment, this would be good news for Hillary Clinton to tout. President Obama will probably bask in it a bit.
- Clinton’s impulse to ‘power through’ with pneumonia set off cascade of problems — Think about it: Had she listened to the doc and rested over the weekend, she wouldn’t have gone to the event where she talked about the “basket of deplorables,” and she wouldn’t have collapsed in public. (Extra-point question: What do you get when you cross a basket of deplorables with binders full of women?)
- RCSD: Teen attacks student, driver, trooper during bus fight — The alleged attacker was 13 years old.
- 50 Years Ago, Sugar Industry Quietly Paid Scientists To Point Blame At Fat — They got a lot for their money, as I recall.
- Edward Snowden makes ‘moral’ case for presidential pardon — This is from The Guardian, of course, which adores the little scrub. This is one case in which I must pause to applaud British new outlets’ habit of scrupulously using quote marks in headlines rather than commit to anything. “Moral” case, my arse.
- Russian Hackers Leak U.S. Files From Doping Agency — First a story about Snowden, now one about his pals. Interesting how the Russians have gotten so brazen about this stuff lately…