Very briefly, since I’m running late:
- Google to Buy Motorola Mobility for $12.5 Billion (NYT) — Wow, they’re serious about taking on Apple, aren’t they?
- Stocks Return to Pre-Downgrade Level After Rally (WSJ) — Market says “never mind.” Of course, the market was falling before the downgrade, so it’s not like we’re out of the woods.
- Wal-Mart’s Pricing Halo Loses Luster (WSJ) — No wonder they were so eager to stop Amazon in SC…
- Scores killed in attacks across Iraq (WashPost) — The terrorists continue to work hard to make sure we know they still exist. It was the deadliest day in the country this year.
- Packing a treasure box for WWIII (WashPost) — This just looked like a good read. What would you put in the Doomsday Box?
- 50 protest state’s decision to not seek $144 million from feds (thestate.com) — Which is really kinda pathetic. Why would they have this kind of thing on a Monday? And the first day of school?
So, wait, the Tea Party DIDN’T destroy all the old people’s 401K’s?