Haven’t done one of these in a while, so here goes:
- Iran Fired at U.S. Drone in Persian Gulf, Pentagon Says (NYT) — It happened last week, but apparently we’re just hearing about it.
- China starts leadership transfer (BBC) — Thought I should mention this, since it involves the world’s most populous country.
- GOP governors scramble over health care (WashPost) — This is because they put off implementing Obamacare until after the election. Something I’m not clear on, and this story doesn’t help me with — where does SC stand?
- Order halts certifying Richland County House race (thestate.com) — Things remain complicated in the House District 75 contest between Joe McCulloch and Kirkman Finlay III, both of whom have been named as winners at different points this week.
- How a Race in the Balance Went to Obama (NYT) — If you can find the time, it looks interesting (I’ve only glanced through part of it so far myself).
- Giffords faces gunman in court (BBC) — The shooter gets seven consecutive life terms, plus 140 years for good measure.